so i have neglected to photographically document the past few days of our vacation, since i've been hopping around on either two crutches (ouch. painful.) or one foot (like a douchebag).
A few days ago we had cleared out of the pool in anticipation of a big storm. Loretta and I were lounging around waiting for the thunder while Enzy rode his trike around the pool. He took a tight corner and wham! into the water. He was, of course, on the other side of the pool, and I moved faster than I've moved in a while. I took a flying leap into the water, and brought him up. He noted that he was "scared", and that he "went underwater". I did not notice that my foot hurt until about an hour later.
I figured it was no biggie, and I did a little hobbling, dropped some Motrin, and iced it at bedtime. The next morning I couldn't walk on it at all, and any weight on it shot my pain level to a 7. My 10 is an 11 pound baby.
So off to the ER for xrays and such, although not without a shower and some coffee, because really... who wants a stinky and un-caffeinated patient? I didn't break anything, but was given the instructions to stay off it, medicate ATC, and I got to take my nifty xrays home.
The only significant things on my xray were a few bone spurs. I have the feet of an old lady, thanks (probably) to the few years i spent en pointe before I painted my toe shoes black and quit ballet.
Anyhow. Vacation is coming to a close. Tomorrow's our last day; it's supposed to rain until the afternoon. Tomorrow night is packing time, and then Chris and I and the two little ones are heading home. Hannah's staying for another 3 weeks or so, and then it's back to the grind.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What an ending to your vacation. Until I read about your ankle. I thought for sure it was Enzo's turn to have his serious childhood illness/injury. Isn't he the age Hannah broke her shoulder and Annabelle got sick?
Post a Comment