Friday, October 2, 2009

Sticks

I picked up two skeins of yarn from Hope Spinnery ast the Common Ground Fair. I had all of these grand ideas about knitting something stripy. And then the yarns knitted up at completely different gauges. And then one didn't feel as soft as the other. And then I ended up starting a solid-color hat. And then I didn't even have enough yarn to finish the hat.



Last night I cast-on for hat #2 with a completely different yarn. I need suggestions for this lovely mustard-colored yarn. A buttoned cowl, maybe?

and, non-stick related:

-Chris and I are leaving today for two glorious kid-filled days in the Valley. We're going to visit all of our favorite restaurants and catch a Girlyman show on Saturday. I'm hella excited. We haven't been away alone since 2004, and that trip involved a lot of pregnancy-related puking.

-I went to family court this morning with my mother. She's in the middle of a divorce. Family court is incredibly depressing. I always end up feeling really bad for the judges. That bullshit must get old.

-I wish I could fast-forward through winter. The real cold hasn't even started and I'm already done with it. I am dreading being stuck in the house for days with the kids.

-

No comments: