Monday, August 24, 2009

check, check, check

We had a pretty great weekend. I crossed a few things off of my "before summer ends" list, and added several more.

Saturday was knitting group, take out Chinese food,
backyard fire, and night swimming.


So I may have gone a little tomato hypochondriac.
I spoke with a master gardener at URI, and she concluded
that we do not have the dreaded late blight.
These became salsa on Sunday.


Sunday is my favorite day. Chris and I woke up to
an empty house because the kids had slept at my mom's.
I read the paper, drank my coffee in peace, and we
headed over to my mom's for lunch and swimming.


We had planned a Sunday picnic at the beach, along
with every other Rhode Islander and every surfer
north of Jersey. I've never seen Point Judith so
crowded.


After dinner, we went to Sand Hill Cove in search of
some crowd-free beach time. We stayed until
it was too dark to swim.

No comments: