Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gretel!





She's done!

At the beginning, I had a bit of trouble. The tubular cast-on was no biggie, but after 6 rows or so, I started to think that the brim was too small or that my head was too big. After much obsessing and many hours researching the subject on Ravelry, I decided to go up a needle size. I then obsessed about whether a six was too big or not for... the entire time I was knitting.

It turns out that a six was perfect. It fits snugly, but not too snugly, and if it stretches I'll add some elastic. I don't often knit for myself, so I derived a little extra pleasure out of knowing I could actually keep this FO.

I'll make a few more for the girls. It was a fun knit and I'm glad that my cheap-ass self sprung the 3pounds ($6) for the pattern.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's fantastic! I'll make mine and then we'll be twins. It'll be just like high school when people used to ask if we were sisters.

Veronica said...

That's really cute- I've been on a cable kick lately. I might just make one of those for myself.

Anonymous said...

It is very nice, but I figured that you were going to post about how much you missed me while I was away...